Anon:I really wish you would just admit you’ve abandoned your stories. I hate waiting for an author who has simply given up! At least leave an authors note or so something!
This bugs me in two ways:
1. Gee thanks for the review on the story, oh no wait that wasn’t, sorry, so no thanks.
2. I have not abandoned anything, but it’s messages like this that make me feel like I should. Because I don’t just write for readers. I write for me, first and foremost. And while I wish I could just sit and write whenever I feel like it, I can’t, and sometimes just don’t feel like it.
3. Once it becomes an obligation and starts to feel like a ‘job’ where I have people like you yelling and demanding shit from me, it’s no longer fun. Fanfiction is supposed to be fun…right?
4. I gave my twitter and tumblr at the end of the chapters so if you want to know what’s going on, just ask. Don’t accuse. There are many authors who have abandoned their stories without letting anyone know why. I have never done that. And I refuse to post a chapter with just an author’s note. Not only is that supposedly against the rules of fanfiction.net, it is also a disappointment to those thinking it’s a chapter but getting a convoluted excuse as to why it isn’t. No one wants to read that.
5. I understand it’s frustrating, but getting angry at a fanfiction author for not updating fast enough, while not knowing anything about their life, and scolding them anyway, is kinda silly. Just admit it.